Jewelry CareCaring for your beautiful new items
CARING FOR YOUR GOLD VERMEIL JEWELRY:
Gold Vermeil is a layer of gold over sterling silver or hill tribe silver, and requires a little care and attention.
- Always remove your gold vermeil jewelry when applying scent, lotions and potions, or even better, always put your jewelry on last when getting dressed.
- Never wear your gold vermeil jewelry in the shower or when swimming. Chlorine, especially at high temperatures, can permanently damage or discolor your gold vermeil jewelry.
- Gently clean your gold vermeil jewelry with a soft polishing cloth
CARING FOR YOUR SILVER JEWELRY:
- Use a small zip lock bag to store your silver jewelry when you are not going to wear the piece for a while. This keeps it sealed and dry, which protects it from scratches and tarnish.
- Tarnish first appears as a golden hue on your sterling silver and can turn dark. This is a normal process caused by oxidization and moisture from air (humidity).
- Do not store silver jewelry directly in contact with wood surfaces because wood usually contains acids that can damage the finish. Avoid exposing sterling silver to harsh chemicals such as chlorine, cosmetics, hair spray and perfume.
- Clean your sterling silver jewelry with a clean soft 100% cotton cloth, flannel cloth, or silver polishing cloth. Silver is very soft and you can scratch it if you rub too briskly.